- Open Access
Correction to: Neisseria lactamica Y92–1009 complete genome sequence
Standards in Genomic Sciences volume 13, Article number: 4 (2018)
The original article was published in Standards in Genomic Sciences 2017 12:41
After publication of the original article  it was identified that an incorrect version of the manuscript has been published. This was caused by a technical error which led to a discrepancy between the editorially-accepted version of the manuscript, and the published version.
A list of Corrections is included below:
The following abbreviations have been corrected throughout the article:
Nla changed to N. lactamica
Nme changed to N. meningitides
N.go changed to N. gonorrhoeae
Nci changed to N. cinerea
Table 1: ‘Term’ and ‘Evidence code’ columns of the first 7 rows have been updated to the following:
|Domain Bacteria||TAS |
|Phylum Proteobacteria||TAS |
|Class Betaproteobacteria||TAS [39, 40]|
|Order Neisseriales||TAS [39, 41]|
|Family - Neisseriaceae||TAS |
|Genus Neisseria||TAS |
|Species Neisseria lactamica||TAS [42, 43]|
Table 2: Missing/blank term for MIGS 13 has been changed to read “Strain is not publicly available”.
2nd paragraph under heading “Insights from the genome sequence”: Sentence containing “…approximately a third (33.5%) of all open reading frames (ORFs) in this genome…” has been shortened to “approximately a third (33.5%) of all ORFs in this genome…”
3rd paragraph under heading “Insights from the genome sequence”: Bracketed abbreviation ‘(DUS)’ has been removed.
3rd paragraph under heading “Insights from the genome sequence”: Bracketed abbreviation ‘(CREEs)’ has been removed
Bracketed link for PHAST ‘(http://phast.wishartlad.com/index.html)’ changed to reference 35.
Reference 14 initially missing from article, has now been added and correctly referenced
Reference 33 was removed, as it was a duplicate of reference 30.
References 36–40 removed, and replaced with updated reference list (36–46):
36. Field D, Garrity G, Gray T, Morrison N, Selengut J, Sterk P, et al. The minimum information about a genome sequence (MIGS) specification. Nat Biotechnol. 2008;26:541–7.
37. Woese CR, Kandler O, Wheelis ML. Towards a natural system of organisms: proposal for the domains Archaea, Bacteria, and Eucarya. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 1990;87:4576–9. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.87.12.4576.
38. Garrity GM, Holt JG. The Road Map to the Manual. In: Bergey’s Manual® of Systematic Bacteriology. 2001. p. 119–66. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-21609-6_15.
39. Euzeby. J. List of new names and new combinations previously effectively, but not validly, published. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2006;56:1–6.
40. Garrity GM, Bell JA, Lilburn T. Class II. Betaproteobacteria class. Nov. In: Bergey’s Manual® of Systematic Bacteriology. 2005. p. 575–922. https://doi.org/10.1007/0-387-29298-5_2.
41. Tønjum T. Neisseriales ord. Nov. In: Bergey’s Manual of Systematics of Archaea and Bacteria. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.; 2015. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118960608.obm00079.
42. SKERMAN VBD, McGOWAN V, SNEATH PHA. Approved Lists of Bacterial Names. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 1980;30:225–420.
43. Hollis DG, Wiggins GL, Weaver RE. Neisseria lactamicus sp. n., a lactose-fermenting species resembling Neisseria meningitidis. Appl Microbiol. 1969;17:71–7.
44. Aho EL, Keating a M, McGillivray SM. A comparative analysis of pilin genes from pathogenic and nonpathogenic Neisseria species. Microb Pathog. 2000;28:81–8.
45. Lennette, Edwin H. Manual of Clinical Microbiology. 4th edition. Washington DC: American Society for Microbiology; 1985.
46. Neisseria MLST website. https://pubmlst.org/neisseria/. Accessed 2 Feb 2017.
The Publisher apologises for this error.
Pandey AK, Cleary DW, Laver JR, Maiden MCJ, Didelot X, Gorringe A, Read RC. Neisseria lactamica Y92–1009 complete genome sequence. Stand Genomic Sci. 2017;12:41. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40793-017-0250-6.
The online version of the original article can be found under https://doi.org/10.1186/s40793-017-0288-5
About this article
Cite this article
Pandey, A.K., Cleary, D.W., Laver, J.R. et al. Correction to: Neisseria lactamica Y92–1009 complete genome sequence. Stand in Genomic Sci 13, 4 (2018) doi:10.1186/s40793-017-0288-5